Processing Technician (Day or Night Shift)Saline, MI | Job ID 8571
- Job ID 8571
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The primary focus of the Processing Technician is to prepare and process aviation heat transfer equipment and to provide support in the flow of maintenance work.
- Route heat transfer equipment (parts) between stations
- Pre-clean parts using mechanical cleaning station
- Clean and strip parts using chemical composition baths
- Apply corrosion protection on parts using chemical composition baths
- Drying of parts after cleaning/corrosion protection applications
- Pressure and flow testing of parts
- Small mechanical work
- Resin application
- Paint and varnish application
- Deburring of parts
- Review and maintain applicable paperwork to ensure accuracy
- Ensure the preservation and proper handling of all articles during maintenance processes
- Work with supervisors / team on process improvement initiatives to smooth flow, increase productivity, and reduce processing time
- Safety: Promotes an incident free environment by complying with all company safety policies and procedures and participating in company safety trainings.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and quality in the quantity of work produced. Ensures that quality standards are met and all procedures are followed. Takes steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
- Attendance: Consider number of unexcused absences from work and promptness in observing work time, breaks and quitting time.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- The company will provide job specific, regulatory and safety required training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.