Technical Trainer - Crawler CranesNewport News, VA | Job ID 66342
- Job ID 66342
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 04/10/2023
This position is responsible for the creation, presentation and upkeep of a maintenance training program for all Liebherr LTM (mobile) and Crawler Cranes in the USA for all customers and Liebherr service personnel. The position coordinates the activities of the group, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods, manufacturing procedures, equipment capabilities, and detailed quality control standards and requirements. It is responsible to set a positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
• Create, present and maintain training modules utilizing MS PowerPoint and Student Interactive software.
• Develop new curriculum to mirror new factory training topics and direction.
• Work with all internal departments to design and create classroom curriculum for the mobile and crawler crane maintenance, operations, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, and safety control systems.
• Provide training primarily at the Houston TX & Newport News, VA training facilities, with occasional training onsite at customer locations as required.
• Prepare, plan and maintain instructional materials and test sheets.
• Schedule, plan and organize crane training classes for customers and Liebherr service personnel.
• Prepares individualized training plans for Liebherr service personnel. Prepares reports and other information for the factory at least annually for service training planning and coordination.
• Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
• Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- A combination of education and experience equal to an Associates and/or Technical Degree, plus at least 5 years of experience in a service or technical training role.
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer in one or more of the following areas: OEM, Crane Equipment Distributor; or Heavy Industrial Equipment.
- Preferred experience in creating and graphic design of “WBT” web based training
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and lead a group to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry and control systems.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuitry and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing, PowerPoint presentations and diverse spreadsheets.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.