Business AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 65856
- Job ID 65856
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The LME Business Analyst performs detailed financial and operational analysis, and acts as a business partner to departments throughout the organization. The analyst acts as a bridge between Accounting and Operations. Financial analysis includes: forecasting, strategic budgets, as well as variance analysis. Operational analysis includes: production rates, machine rates, standard vs actual variance and ad hoc analysis. In order to be successful, the analyst needs to have a thorough understanding of the data housed in the ERP LN system, and must be experienced in IFRS and U.S. GAAP. In addition, the analyst needs to have an understanding of the basic elements of a manufacturing environment. Customers include a parent company located in Europe, as well as other affiliates located around the world, therefore the analyst should have a global mindset.
- Complete monthly management reporting that is accurately and timely submitted via Liebherr reporting tools, and adhere to the international parent guidelines.
- Analyze various deviations between management reports and the financial reports, which requires a thorough understanding of both standard and actual costs as well as the company’s cost allocation methodology.
- Maintain the Cost Allocation Sheet which includes: allocation key definition and monitoring, actual full cost calculation per department, strategic budget model calculation and monitoring, and calculation of standard rates.
- Complete periodic forecast reporting
- Work on internal controls analysis and update.
- Participate in completing business case analysis for new projects and/or products, including ROI and payback calculations. Follow-up and monitoring of actual vs budget analyses.
- Profitability analysis for complex sales deals involving varying options, local content and international considerations.
- Represent Controlling Department as a team member in various high priority company projects/initiatives. This includes the ability to effectively communicate complex cost accounting and operational data to non-financial colleagues.
- Prepare various complex internal management reports, including board presentations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Accounting or related field from four-year college or university and 3 – 5 years of relevant and related work experience. Experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience in different ERP systems.
- Excellent and advanced computer skills, including expert MS Excel skills, MS Access, MS PowerPivot and Power Query.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company match, paid vacations and personal days and competitive salary, and much more.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.