Manager, FabricationNewport News | Job ID 5365
- Job ID 5365
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/9/2018
The Fabrication Manager directs and coordinates activities for all Fabrication department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing mining equipment components by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 80(+) employees in the Fabrication Departments across shifts.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Fabrication team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Database software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Payroll systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Occasional overnight/extended travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted online via the online portalwww.liebherr.com