Electrical Assembler LVL 7-4Newport News, VA | Job ID 489
- Job ID 489
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Electrical Assembler installs cables and solders wires to connect electrical instruments mounted on control apparatus such as panel boards and telephone crossbar frames at Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME).
- Squares, aligns, and assembles superstructure components or mount superstructure to the truck.
- Clamps cable to brackets using metal or plastic tywraps.
- Strips insulation from ends of wires with wire strippers to prepare for connections.
- Attaches breakers, relays contactors bus bars, transformers, and instrument panels to mounting holes with screws, clamps, or bolts.
- Connects color coded wires to terminals with soldering irons or terminal crimping tools.
- Examines and feels wires to detect loose connections.
- Secures parts such as diodes and resistors to specified locations on equipment.
- Installs heat shrink over auxiliary lead wires on cable.
- Drills and taps holes in specific location from mounting control units inside cab assemblies.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted online via the online portalwww.liebherr.com