Project ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 39041
- Job ID 39041
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 11/19/21
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Project Manager gives an overview of projects, project portfolios through dashboards, presentations or, reports.
- Creates the project portfolio according to the company’s strategy,Contributes to the scheduling and prioritization of projects.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources for various phases of project.
- Coordinates with Functional Managers on technical issues to ensure timeliness of engineering releases relative to the product and reporting this information to involved departments within the company.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Organizes and ensures adherence to detailed product specifications related to the product, including areas such as standards and legal compliance.
- Confers with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget and reviews status reports of project personnel and adjusts schedule or plans as needed.
- Monitors and managers progress of projects, project risk, and prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Monitors and coordinates project activities of government regulatory and/or other governmental agencies.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with outside Liebherr companies.
- Implements and ensures the application of project management methods, procedures, and tools.
- Education and Experience:
- A Master Science Degree or Master of Engineering Degree (MS/ME) with 1 year of project management experience preferably in an engineering environment, or a Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) with 4 to 8 years of project management experience in an engineering environment. The candidate is desired to have 2 years of experience in directly managing high level projects and interfacing with technical people. PMP Certification is highly desired but not required.
- Ability to Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and within budget; Manage project team activities.
- Proven ability for accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to provide feedback to all levels of the organization, to improve performance while monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software, Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as in group problem solving situations; and effectively communicate project status to key stakeholders.
- Ability to handle stressful situations even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to work both as a team player in global and corporate wide networks.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Draeger at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.