Service ControllerBiggleswade | Job ID 37639
- Job ID 37639
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Rental Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Rentals department based in Biggleswade for a Service Controller. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Rental through the effective supervision of Inspection Engineer’s time and workloads. The role will strive to ensure administrative procedures are adhered to and developed whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• Monitors engineer’s time ensuring efficient utilisation and allocation.
• Actively participates in the opening/closing of jobs, checking and processing of time sheets and inspection reports, and ensuring identified work outstanding is recorded for future resolution.
• Actively ensuring damage charges are calculated on the recommendations of the Inspection Engineer’s and communicated to the customer
• Maintains communication with Inspection Engineers, internal departments, suppliers and customers to keep them fully informed and advised regarding the progress of break downs, servicing and damage charges.
• Liaises where necessary with the LMP / Earth Moving After Sales Technical teams for issues raised by Inspection Engineer’s
• Communicates with the team where holiday and training is concerned, to manage and ensure adequate coverage.
• Actively ensures all customer requests and requirements are received and dealt with, while keeping the customer informed at all stages of the process.
• Always collates sufficient information to support the accurate processing of internal or external invoices or warranty claims.
• Co-ordinates product modification programmes to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
• Continually liaises with the Sales Dept and customers, regarding machine deliveries and requirements.
• Co-ordinates the delivery of spare parts.
• Effectively plans the logistics for all spare parts, tools, transport and manpower to arrive in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Previous experience as a Plant Engineer / Field Service Engineer.
• Previous experience within a rental environment.
• Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Wells at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.