General Manager, Customer Support - Mobile & Crawler CranesNewport News, VA | Job ID 36701
- Job ID 36701
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The General Manager-Customer Support plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals; and directs and coordinates activities of the Customer Support organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Coordinates nationwide activities of Customer Support organization such as Field Service, Modifications, Spare Parts Sales, Repair Shop, Technical Service Training, Load Out,Training & Commissioning, Customer Service Branch locations, and other functions essential to After Sales Customer Service to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Analyzes maintenance and repair contracts and initiates improvements in operational and financial performance.
- Oversees negotiation of pricing, discounts and warranty issues with customers to achieve company objectives.
- Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Responsible for preparation of annual department budget, and actual P&L performance to budgeted goals.
- Confers with subordinate managers and supervisors and reviews activity, operating, and service reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to department managers outlining policy, program, or operational changes to be implemented.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Manages directly or indirectly subordinate managers/supervisors who supervise employees in the Field Service, Modifications, Spare Parts Sales, Repair Shop, Technical Service Training, Load Out, Training & Commissioning, and Customer Service branch location Departments. Also manages directly Nationwide Technical Advisors and National Key Account Service Manager. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance evaluation of these departments.
- Creates and presents Customer Support presentations to senior management and customers. Creates Customer Service reports for Senior Management at factory in Germany.
- Performs statistical analysis to determine optimal inventory stocking levels.
- Oversees creation and preparation of Service Training program for Field Service staff for implementation.
- Coordinates closely with Operations Manager-Repair in the negotiation of large customer orders for the Repair Shop. Works with customer’s insurance carriers as necessary to reach completion of work.
- Confers and coordinates with company’s attorneys to accomplish the successful conclusion of potential legal issues such as general or product liability issues and employment issues.
- Responsible for construction, remodel or renovation of service facilities to include planning, budgeting, and management of the construction or renovation process.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Participates in meetings. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Ability to inspire and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others. Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue. Understands business implications of decisions.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition. Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to act as the liaison between LCI, the customer and LWE.
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and function effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in a technical or engineering discipline or equivalent; and a minimum of five years management experience in similar position and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Manages 7 Direct Reports and indirectly manages subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Customer Service team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Extensive technical knowledge and understanding and analytical skills of the mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and engines utilized in mobile and crawler cranes preferred.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to speak, read and write English mandatory. Ability to speak, read and write German language is preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.