Shop Helper-Cranes 1Houston, TX | Job ID 36229
- Job ID 36229
- Division Crawler Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the testing of mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assist with the repair and replacement of damaged or worn parts.
- Assist with the operation and inspection of machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Assist with the dismantling and reassembly of heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Assist with the cleaning, lubrication and performing other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Assist with examining parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Assist with the reading, understanding, and interpretation of operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Assist with the overhaul and test of machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Assist with the inspection, testing, and listening to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Assist with yard operations, such as loading and unloading.
- Operates shop equipment such as cranes, forklifts and man-lifts, once trained, licensed and/or certified.
- Assist with the adjustment and relining of brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Assist with repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Assist with the reviewing of layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self-follow established safety procedures.
- Follows directions for the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Customer Focus:Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication:Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Teamwork:Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives. Creates trust. Works collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Integrity:Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
- Job Skills:Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrates initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
- Demonstrates ability to perform welding using different types of equipment.
Are you looking for new professional challenges? As an internationally successful family-owned company, the Liebherr Group offer you a secure job, a unique variety of tasks and exciting development opportunities. Join our strong team today and get to know the Liebherr Group as a reliable partner.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Beatrice Bushee at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.