Manufacturing Engineer I - IVNewport News, VA | Job ID 36202
- Job ID 36202
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Manufacturing Engineer interfaces with all functions in the facility to support the manufacture of current products and the development of equipment and processes for new products and improvements to the overall Product Delivery System.
- Acquires job skills and learns policies, procedures and work instructions to complete routine tasks.
- Works on assignments routine in nature, requiring limited judgement
- Routinely interacts with cross-functional groups within the Liebherr organization.
- Supports development of new and existing products and processes.
- Provides input for fiscal planning, capital projects and cost reductions.
- Reviews product design for manufacturability.
- Provides feedback for dispositioning of non-conforming product.
- Provides technical assistance in the implementation of manufacturing concepts.
- Implements and supports manufacturing technologies.
- Assist in specifying, selecting and installing equipment that is statistically capable, reliable, and maintainable as well as safe and ergonomically sound.
- Conducts time studies as required to support manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates and proposes new and advanced engineering concepts, new equipment, processes, and technological developments in the manufacturing facility to maintain state-of-the art awareness.
- Develops equipment utilization forecasts and make any proposals necessary to support planned and unplanned future growth and/or requirements changes.
- Investigates and recommends possible alternative materials in order to improve availability and manufacturing efficiency.
- Maintains and reviews processes to ensure safe tools, methods, operations, and equipment are in use throughout the facility.
- Supports supplier development in the area of manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) engineering or AS in engineering related discipline with two years of engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of fundamental engineering and project management concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of ERP LN system as it relates to mining truck Bill of Materials (BOM) structure and inventory control.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as engineering specifications, drawings, blue prints, procedures, and manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Products including: Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of basic heavy equipment manufacturing processes, equipment, and work area requirements
- Knowledge of manpower and equipment utilization calculations and planning
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Collins at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.