Warehouse Logistics AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 34088
- Job ID 34088
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Warehouse Logistics Analyst position is responsible for reporting key performance indicators related to stock movements in and out of the warehouse. Additionally analysis of inventory accuracy and reconciling discrepancies is core to the position. The Warehouse Logistics Analyst practices inventory control through the use of cycle counts, and monitors warehouse consumable supply levels with vendors through VMI (vendor maintained inventory) and on demand basis. The individual then creates the necessary purchase requisitions for the acquisition of material to the corresponding suppliers. Other tasks to include the creation of export documents and coli lists for container freight to Europe.
- Utilizes the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the purpose of researching transaction history related to purchase receipt, stocking, DRP (direct replenishments) delivery / receipt and sales order deliveries.
- Recommends the disposal of obsolete, damaged or defective stock.
- Assists management in creating SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Responsible for KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reporting and record keeping. KPIs include such metrics as receiving time, shipping incidents, picking time, and machine utilization.
- Presents KPIs within a team setting and to warehouse & divisional management via email, bulletin board and small meeting groups.
- Reports inventory variances relative to stocking transactions and submits adjustment requests to manager and supervisors.
- Inputs ERP item location into inventory master.
- Performs cycle counts, generates reports and maintains cycle count records.
- Assists management in analyzing, investigating and resolving shipping, receiving and inventory discrepancies.
- Completes requisition forms to order required warehouse supplies from established vendors.
- Creates container documents for export to Europe (i.e. Factory, Warranty or Remanufacture).
- Associates degree with three years related work experience within warehouse, parts sales / distribution or manufacturing environments; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5S background or related experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain order picker certification.
- Limited weekend work required for special projects / inventory.
- Ability to answer the warehouse on call after hours phone as needed.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of material movement and the associated procedural controls.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to train others within the job description.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Writes clearly and interpret written information.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office Products, ERP.
- Skilled in MS Excel with the ability to create graphs using Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and MS Excel Power BI.
- Ability to analyze data and reports to support decision making.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Skilled in ERP inquiries and reports.
- Ability to execute database queries is preferred – i.e. MS Access, SQL, etc.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Ability to operate stand up order picker is preferred for researching bin locations & cycle counts.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.