Accounts Receivable SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 34087
- Job ID 34087
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Collects on past due accounts, establishes alternative payment plans, and recommends write-offs and legal pursuits.
- Analyzes and inputs cash receipts.
- Follows up with customers on discrepancies, partial payments, missing remittances, and other issues that arise.
- Checks and releases orders for customers who have exceeded credit line.
- Prepares monthly statements.
- Runs monthly reports on aging and reconciles to general ledger.
- Prepares monthly report on status of past due accounts and holds monthly meetings with divisional management to share the results.
- Reconciles Affiliated Balances quarterly.
- Emails, reviews, mails (when necessary), and files invoices and credits.
- Checks customer credit and sets up new customer accounts.
- Answers accounts receivable inquiries and follows-up.
- Backs up other Accounts Receivable Specialists(s) when needed.
- A High School Diploma and two years’ experience of applicable accounting work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to speak Spanish is strongly preferred for specific customer base.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and email.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to enter data and process information.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.