Purchasing-Team LeadNewport News, VA | Job ID 33925
- Job ID 33925
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Team Lead, Purchasing will work closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers to develop and implement strategic material group plans for all assigned material groups at the lowest total cost. This includes the development and coordination of key procurement strategies with the strategic buyers and procurement planners.
- Responsible for developing and executing material group strategies for the assigned material groups which will ensure the supply of quality material and continually drive for lowest total cost.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams focused on process improvement, cost reduction and supplier quality.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities and personnel related to the procurement functions within assigned team.
- Initiates, develops and maintains cost reduction projects.
- Lead supplier identification, selection, qualification and development.
- Advises and trains strategic buyers.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with the intent to purchase through the delivery of the first article/prototype product.
- Works closely together with other departments such as Engineering and Manufacturing to anticipate upcoming projects and demands.
- Creates detailed Request for Quote (RFQ) package for suppliers to bid on, evaluates proposals for the requested commodities in the form of side by side comparisons.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Negotiates and implements purchase contracts that comply with LME and/or corporate Liebherr Procurement Services (LPS) regulations.
- Actively participates in the Liebherr Material Group organization.
- Cooperates closely with the Procurement Planner and Quality Assurance.
- Participates in projects to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for new products.
- Identify industry trends and market development for respective material groups.
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, and supply market intelligence.
- Forecasts and plans operating costs and investments for the assigned material groups.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Manages Direct Reports 1 to 5 employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Education and Experience:Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in a Business or Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. International procurement experience is a plus. Supervisor experience is mandatory.
- Expert level knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes.
- Highly proficient in project management and communications with supplier and internal stake holders.
- Team oriented and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of comprehending and interpreting contractual language.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Expert level knowledge of value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures.
- Expert level skills in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS office software and ERP system.
- Advanced knowledge in reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Advanced skills to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and experienced in performing supplier audits using VDA 6.3 guidelines.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- This position is working from home eligible
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.