Logistics & Transportation Project LeadNewport News, VA | Job ID 33924
- Job ID 33924
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
This position is responsible for the oversight, direction and coordination of conventional and exceptional transports associated with Liebherr-Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (OHT & components). This position is also responsible for mentoring, training, and planning & directing the work of less experienced logistics and transportation employees within the External Logistics Department, acting as backup to the General Manager.
- Leads and directs the logistics and transportation employees within the External Logistics Department in the following:
- Coordinates regular and oversized transports (inbound/outbound – domestic/international- conventional/exceptional) and products (raw material, hazardous material, finished product, spare parts), taking into account the restrictions and special requirements (e.g. Customs, packaging, permits for special transports).
- Studies the logistics feasibility: diagnoses an initial state, builds an adapted transport offer, exchanges with management and internal relevant departments to result in a decision.
- Selects the optimal (efficient, economic and effective) service (standard, LTL, truck, special trailers, expedited) regarding the destination and the timeframe.
- Oversees freight movements and reports the situation when needed.
- Prepares all documentation relevant for transport (packing list, B/L, etc…).
- Codes for payment transport invoices, based on quotes or existing contracts, routing instructions, fulfilled delivery times and performance.
- Conceives and establishes follow-up tools, quality indicators (KPI’s, dashboards, reporting…) to monitor and document carriers’ performance and realized improvements.
- Pilots, controls and follows new and existing processes in place; trains new users.
- Coordinates and follows-up external logistics strategy as defined by MIN (Liebherr Mining Equipment Co.) in coordination with LEC (Liebherr Mining Equipment Colmar, SAS).
- Organizes and conducts meetings.
- Coordinates and negotiates shipments with the Sales, Parts, and Manufacturing Departments, as well as with external service providers.
- Improves the supply chain for OHT & components, studies the market, compares through benchmarks, analyzes and presents the results.
- Mentors, trains and directs the work of less experienced logistics and transportation team members.
- Represents the External Logistics Department as a team member of various high priority company projects/initiatives and acts as backup to the General Manager. This includes the ability to effectively communicate complex logistics data to colleagues from other departments within the organization.
- Prepares various complex internal management reports, including board presentations.
- Acts as backup within the department in the absence of the General Manager.
- Takes lead on special projects as assigned by management.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or similar field from a college or university; and at least five years of relevant work experience: or a combination of education and experience equivalent to at least 7 to 9 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the supply chain and its environment (regulations and logistics stakeholders).
- Knowledge of the components of an Off-Highway Truck.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret, both verbal and written legal correspondence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Computing skills: MS Office, Internet and ERP systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to synthetize information.
- Proficiency in the English language (oral and written) is required.
- Spanish or German language skills preferred but not required.
- This position is working from home eligible (combination of in office and home office work).
- This position will travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- A valid passport and driver’s license are required
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.