PainterNewport News, VA | Job ID 30280
- Job ID 30280
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Painter is responsible for the application of protective coatings on mining components, and tooling.
- Knows needed materials and labor-hour requirements per job.
- Knows all products used within the department.
- Paints fabricated or purchased components using minimum required material, without rework on a regular basis; primary methods used are airless and air-assisted airless spraying.
- Applies “specialty” coatings, i.e.; anti-skid, decals, etc. as needed.
- Rebuilds pump head/legs/spray guns as needed.
- Knows all customer requirements, i.e. colors, anti skid coatings, etc.
- Applies paint in the proper mil-thickness.
- Knows “solids” and is able to explain the importance.
- Works on spray guns i.e. rebuilds air assist gun, g-10 type gun, and conventional cup gun.
- Mixes properly materials to the correct ratio.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Ability to read, interpret written information and comprehend simple instructions.
- Follows instructions, responds to managements direction.
- Follows policies and procedures in support of organizations goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Able to meet productivity standards; Complete work in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
- Ability to pass respirator test.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Collins at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.