Accounting/Business AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 29668
- Job ID 29668
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Accounting/Business Analyst performs detailed financial and operational analysis, and acts as a business partner to departments throughout the organization. The analyst develops and monitors data quality metrics and ensures business data and reporting needs are met. Utilizes available computer systems resources to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement. Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures. In order to be successful, the analyst needs to have a thorough understanding of the data housed in the ERP BaaN system, and must have working knowledge of IFRS.
Essential Job Duties:
- Define and track company-wide performance metrics that support key business decisions and determine the relevant data sources
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Confer with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Select the most appropriate analytical technique.
- Participate in the maintenance of BaaN integration settings and Integration Log Reconciliation.
- Provide data for periodic forecast reporting (KEP) and assist managers in preparing the budget
- Follow-up and monitoring of actual vs budget analyses.
- Analyze requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing ERP system.
- Train BaaN and LISA users on company policies and procedures to ensure quality and prevent discrepancies of data. Assist other departments with resolving issues and establishing procedures relating to ERP system.
- Confer with Business Analysts from other Liebherr Sales and Service companies to develop reports.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university and 2 – 4 years of relevant and related work experience.
- Customer Focus: Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Team Player: Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Creates trust. Works Collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Teamwork: Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex accounting and operational data to non-financial colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Experience working with senior management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data.
- Experience in different ERP systems (experience with Baan is preferred).
- Advanced computer skills, including expert MS Excel skills, MS PowerPivot and Power Query.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities, while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair work load and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative:Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Thinking and Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems effectively and demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs to a minimum. Demonstrates sound fiscal responsiblity in all activities
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concerns for the accuracy and quality of work produced. Takes steps to correct mistakes and uses feedback to improve overall performance
- Safety:Promotes an incident free and clean working environment.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.