Service Technician - Crawler Cranes TX, nationwideHouston, TX | Job ID 29602
- Job ID 29602
- Division Crawler Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul mobile equipment such as crawler cranes, duty cycle cranes, nationwide. Repair virtually any part on cranes either in the field, LUS shops or customer facility. Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Operate crawler cranes or duty cycle cranes to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts. Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Complete assigned paperwork as instructed.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
Demonstrates initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
Demonstrates ability to handle confidential information.
Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
Travel domestically and internationally up to 90% of the time.
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED. At least three years of Experience as technician in the crane business.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Beatrice Bushee at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.