Product Marketing EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 25622
- Job ID 25622
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Marketing / PR / Communication
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/1/20
The Product Marketing Specialist provides technical and marketing support relative to the mining ultra-class trucks to the Sales and Marketing team. He/she is responsible for developing and maintaining sales tools that translate technical information into customer benefits to ensure for highly successful product/service launches. This position requires a thorough understanding of the mining truck global market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field. The job focuses heavily on technical support to the communication team creating plans and strategies for marketing the products, which may involve media such as social media marketing, ads, printed material, and website content creation. This position requires both technical acumen and excellent communication skills.
- Analyze and understand market/consumer/industry trends to identify the appropriate market opportunity to implement development strategies effective.
- Support Product Management with market and industry research, competitor analysis, commercial and technical evaluations.
- Develop presentations and reports based on information collected such as marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing.
- Participate in creative, interactive brainstorming sessions and provide recommendations for the deployment of innovative concepts and designs.
- Manage creative requests and execution with design team for creative content.
- Assist Product Management and Marketing Communications in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics to promote mining trucks globally.
- Manage all elements of the product/service launch process including development and execution of go-to-market plans, value proposition articulation and related collateral creation, sales enablement, and overall internal organizational readiness to ensure for highly successful product/service launches.
- Develop and implement new product marketing programs and enhancements to value proposition messaging based on feedback from sales.
- Prepare all product marketing launch accompanied by market research data, product performance advantages and competitor product analysis.
- Maintain a calendar of future launches, communicating and educating launch process out to the operational stakeholders.
- Maintain strong cross-organizational communications (Sales, Communication, Application Engineering and Product Management) to ensure launch processes are on track.
- Work closely in cooperation with Product Management to ensure assets and marketing materials are
- accurate and consistent with key messaging and strategy.
- Comply with all corporate identity directives defined by corporate marketing including, but not limited to: colors, fonts and logos.
- Support the Company with creating and formatting related presentations
- Bachelor degree in engineering with proven expertise in marketing. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar work experience in mining, construction, agriculture manufacturing or automobile industry.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Knowledge of corporate design practices, logo usage and corporate identity standards. Ability to conform design to prescribed style format.
- Demonstrated experience in translating business information/data/analytics into compelling visuals (e.g. charts, graphs, informational graphics, and presentations).
- Advanced Computer Skills; must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Software proficiencies: Advanced Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams; online tools and systems.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge in heavy equipment industry.
- Execute diplomacy working with various levels of team members, managers, and customers to identify requirements and develop action plans.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- High energy with dynamic countenance to routinely engage with team members.
- Proven ability to function independently.
- Solid understanding of marketing technologies, business principles and practices.
- Proven experience with managing and maintaining project budgets.
- Proven experience working with cross-discipline teams (Sale, Engineering, Communication, etc.).
- A creative mindset with the ability to bring fresh and innovative ideas
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification