Lead Quality Assurance InspectorNewport News, VA | Job ID 22343
- Job ID 22343
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 6/24/20
The Lead Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for administration of applicable quality systems and directives that result in compliance with corporate and company policies, procedures, instructions, specifications, and customer requirements relative to product manufactured and assembled at Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME) by performing the following duties personally or through reporting employees.
- Coordinates inspection and testing of parts, components, and materials and finished product to determine conformance established product requirements.
- Coordinates the processing and effective control of nonconforming product.
- Assigns tasks to quality inspectors based on needs of production.
- Reviews quality problems with engineering, production and purchasing personnel and facilitates action required to correct defects.
- Prepares reports, e-mails and memos concerning departmental activities, problems, quality issues and other appropriate communications.
- Coordinates quality activities which are necessary between the different functions of the organization.
- Ensure adherence of operations to documented processes.
- Support production operations relative to quality issues.
- Assist with development, measurement, and reporting of Quality metrics.
- Issue containment notices, direct inventory transactions, and effectively quarantine non-conforming or suspect non-conforming material.
- Manage inventory of Quality Assurance controlled material, office equipment, consumed goods, or other MRO needs.
- Participate in physical inventory counts when scheduled.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of (5) five years direct experience in a manufacturing environment in a quality inspection role.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook or other email software; Contact Management systems; Internet Explorer or other internet browser; BaaN; Microsoft Project – Microsoft Office; (Excel, Word and Access).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10 days per year.