Technical Advisor, Tower CranesHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 19564
- Job ID 19564
- Division Tower Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Technical Advisor position’s primary responsibility is providing call center technical support to the US dealer network based out of Liebherr USA, Co. The Technical Advisor will be the first point of contact for dealer technicians and key account customers when they cannot resolve a technical issue on their own and therefore must be the market expert on their particular product line; requiring a strong background in service, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation of any machine model within that product line. As the technical expert for a particular product range this person will also be the primary technical liaison for the US market to the associated factory in Europe. Position will also provide technical training and support to service engineers and customers as needed. Travel to customer locations to provide the highest level of technical support when required. The position will apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Works directly with dealer technicians and/or service management by remotely guiding them through service maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues to ensure products operate and perform with the highest production and availability to meet customer expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails from dealer technicians in a timely manner then holding responsibility to track the associated calls through to completion of issue.
- Uses hydraulic and electric schematics, diagnostic software and advanced troubleshooting techniques to assist dealer technicians resolve machine issues.
- Communicates directly with the Technical Support Departments at the Liebherr factories in Europe, supplying detailed reports of issues when internal assistance is needed.
- Assist dealer technicians with diagnostic software, able to explain the installation, use and updating of each.
- Follows through with manufacturer’s recommendations with regard to service or product updates.
- Provides after hours support.
- Travels within the market to provide on sight technical guidance to the dealers as needed.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines in order to diagnose defects.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Properly fill out working reports, hour’s reports, timesheets, hour’s overviews and expense reports.
- Test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Successfully completes factory authorized training.
- Maintains a minimum set of tools required for job performance.
- Maintains company service literature, and maintains a high awareness of technical changes.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Have advanced mechanical skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and be able to generate and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Have basic knowledge in DC and AC electric circuits.
- Have extended understanding of engines, hydraulic pumps and motors and other mechanical components.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Ability to operate mechanical and electric test equipment.
- Possess strong people skills and be able to communicate in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to conduct maintenance training schools for customers.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Ability to speak and write the Spanish language is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrates initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.