Field Service Technician - Construction Heavy Equipment MechanicRaleigh, NC | Job ID 16840
- Job ID 16840
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
- The Field Service Technician performs mechanical maintenance and assembly adjustments in the shop and in the field on heavy equipment such as crawler and wheel excavators, dozers, loaders, material handlers and other construction equipment for customers.
- Must possess hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting abilities
- Maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Work on customer machines in the repair shop, and assist in the field as necessary.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products.
- Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision, and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoot using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Completes repair tickets showing work completed and any follow-up required.
- Delivers parts and products to customers as necessary.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and three (3) to five (5) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on heavy equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Travel domestically up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.