Yard/Equipment ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 16839
- Job ID 16839
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
- Manage the day to day operations related to shipping and receiving of machines and attachments, yard layout, machine maintenance, proper storage protocols and coordination of repairs, updates and modifications required between shop and sales administration departments.
- Plan and coordinate resources as necessary to maintain machines in retail ready condition.
- Develop and implement procedures and guidelines for managing inventory, receiving, shipping and administration handling.
- Set a positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff.
- Ensure that all company policies are followed and promote safety at all times.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and five (5) to eight (8) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on heavy equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Develop, implement, and maintain yard storage locations for all machines and attachments.
- Develop, implement and maintain inventory tracking process for machines and attachments.
- Manage inventory counts bi-annually for all machines and attachments along with Sales Administration Manager.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategy with Sales Administration Manager to track all machine movements inbound and outbound and prioritize shop needs.
- Develop and implement procedure with shop supervisor to prioritize and stage machines for shop work.
- Establish and implement effective housekeeping practices for entire machine and attachment storage area.
- Effectively manage additional resource requests and subsequent supervision with LES Product Support Manager to include shop technicians when necessary, interns, trainees or temporary help.
- Manage and organize the loading and unloading of machines for shipment including, new, used and rental.
- Schedule cleaning of new, used and rental machines as necessary.
- Oversee and monitor the condition and preservation of inventory such as boom sections etc. that are stored in the Yard. Work with the LES Shop Supervisor to facilitate repairs as required.
- Manage costs to a minimum to effectively manage yard while remaining at or under established budget.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.