Product EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 16697
- Job ID 16697
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Product Engineer researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems. The Product Engineer is responsible for the product from time of Request for Quotation (RFQ) until commissioning in the field. The Product Engineer is responsible to ensure that products developed meet the required cost targets, technical specifications, and, that projects are completed within the projected timelines. The Product Engineer must work with cross-functional teams involving core team members for important project decisions and actions. The company policies and procedures must be rigorously applied.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Product model assigned.
- Coordinates with Project Leaders and Functional Managers on technical issues to ensure timeliness of engineering releases relative to the product and reporting this information to involved departments within the company.
- Organizes and ensures adherence to detailed product specifications related to the product, including areas such as standards and legal compliance.
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Works closely with the Accounting Department and other departments looking for potential product cost savings and creates product cost reports for management review.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Supports fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Supports operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment by timely rectification of field issues and development and documentation of design, performance, and regulation of the product.
- Manages upper level Bill of Materials (BOMs) releases and changes, coordinating this information to all involved departments to ensure that product requirements and timeliness of schedules are met.
- Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Engineering or Business Management with four years of experience in an engineering disciplines or a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University in an Engineering discipline and 6 years of experience.
- Project Management: Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget and manages project team activities.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design engineering; Finite Element Analysis; and material properties.
- Knowledge of Database software; AutoCAD, Creo Design software; Microsoft Office; Project Management software
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to work both as a team player in global and corporate wide networks and independently.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.