Cost AccountantNewport News, VA | Job ID 16669
- Job ID 16669
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 8/5/19
The Cost Accountant applies principles of cost accounting while conducting studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general account systems. The cost accountant will mainly perform supply chain inventory calculation and analysis.
Maintain Liebherr Valuation software.
- Responsible for monthly inventory valuation, accuracy controls, analysis and communicating results to management and to headquarters.
- Performs quarterly inventory forecast valuation.
- Plans study of and collects data from the ERP system and other sources to determine costs of Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and changes in standard costs.
- Records and reports cost information for use in controlling expenditures, conducting audits as necessary.
- Provides management with reports summarizing profitability of products and services, inventory key figures, monthly KPI to management (surplus inventory, inventory by category).
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Assists in physical inventory and cycle counting inventory and communicate results to external and internal auditors.
- Monitor maintenance of the ERP system to support accumulation of cost accounting data.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from four-year college or university and five years of related experience in cost accounting and supply chain inventory management ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple instructions, technical procedures, short correspondence, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.