Project Manager (Engineering)Newport News, VA | Job ID 16449
- Job ID 16449
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Project Manager gives an overview of projects, project portfolios through dashboards, presentations or, reports.
- Creates the project portfolio according to the company’s strategy
- Contributes to the scheduling and prioritization of projects
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Monitors progress of projects and prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Monitors and manages project risk
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Coordinates project activities with outside Liebherr companies.
- Implements and ensures the application of project management methods, procedures, and tools
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or six years related experience and/or equivalent experience/training of eight years. Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication: Is able to effectively and clearly communicate to key stakeholders of projects. Is able to given oral presentations and written reports that are clear and concise.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 30% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.