Electrical Engineer IIINewport News | Job ID 14656
- Job ID 14656
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Engineer III researches, develops, designs and tests electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Proactively sets work schedules & tracks performance.
- Communicates effectively with other cross functional team members all changes in project status.
- Maintains department work standards and work instructions.
- Researches industry standards to stay abreast of latest applicable requirements.
- Compiles Work Breakdown Structures and manages tasks.
- Organizes and draws electrical schematics for clarity and ease of understanding using JIC format.
- Ensures release packages of department comply with quality and technical content standards.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET) or equivalent, Associate’s degree (A.A.S.) in Electrical discipline with two years electrical experience in engineering environment, or five to six years electrical experience in engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Electrical Engineer II.
- Knowledge of technical fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Skilled in planning, managing, and directing resources and managing projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.