Electrical Engineer IIINewport News, VA | Job ID 14656
- Job ID 14656
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Engineer III researches, develops, designs and tests electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Works in a cross functional environment to resolve field issues assuring that products meet the customer’s expectations.
- Analyzes data and customer reports and visits mines to identify and investigate field issues.
- Plans and performs tests including physical work on equipment and makes measurements to observe performance of systems (lab, test-mine site, active mine site); designs or specifies test equipment.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis which may include mechanical and software related aspects
- Communicates effectively with other cross functional team members all changes in project status.
- Manages tasks and schedules of several parallel projects.
- Organizes and draws electrical schematics for clarity and ease of understanding using JIC format and documents solutions in manuals, reports and presentations.
- Ensures release packages of department comply with quality and technical content standards.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET) or equivalent, Associate’s degree (A.A.S.) in Electrical discipline with two years electrical experience in engineering environment, or five to six years electrical experience in engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use Pro-E/CREO to accomplish basic tasks.
- Ability to use electrical CAD software to create or modify electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of modeling and multidimensional tools.
- Knowledge of technical fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Physical ability to perform mechanical work on a mining truck or on test equipment.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.