Service Engineer - Offshore CranesBiggleswade | Job ID 14651
- Job ID 14651
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Martitime Crane department for a Service Engineer (Ship & Off-ShoreCranes). The role contributes to the success of the Maritime Crane department for Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site. Ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Servicing, inspection, fault finding and repair of Liebherr machinery and equipment at customer premises; on site or if required at the appropriate depot.
- To focus, primarily on the company’s ship and off-shore crane types, but also to become familiar with other product types within the maritime division to assist with when required.
- Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed.
- Correctly file all service manuals and that they are consistently updated.
- Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the support team and can support others where required.
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required.
- Works with the customer in mind, making sure that quality work standards are maintained consistently and that post work, the repair site is clean and left in a condition that satisfies the customer.
- Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship to NVQ level 3 in a related industry
- Slinger & CSCS cards
- Team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.