Resident Technician - Baie Comeau QCDolbeau, QC | Job ID 14220
- Job ID 14220
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Reporting to the Service Supervisor in Dolbeau QC, this position is responsible for the effective repair of earth moving machinery and equipment components, at our shop in Baie Comeau, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Applicants residing in in the Manicouagan region are desirable.
The work schedule is Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week + overtime as required
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, and scheduled maintenance and repairs including warranty upgrades
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, A/C systems etc., including pre-delivery inspections of equipment
- Order parts following internal procedures
- Adjust, repair, and replace components within the time allotted
- Inspect and test repaired equipment to ensure its working order and work is conformed to the client specifications
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and return of equipment
- Maintain and care of Company tools, equipment and vehicles
Requirements & Competencies
- Provincial Heavy Equipment (off road) Technician training required, certification an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience repairing and maintaining forestry, scrap handling, and construction heavy equipment, Liebherr Equipment experience an asset
- Demonstrated diagnostic and troubleshooting skills of electrical, hydraulic components
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
- Communication of detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- MS Office, service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Able to work as part of a team, resourceful and work with minimal supervision
- Highly adaptable and responsive to changing priorities, technologies, conditions and requirements
- Ability to travel frequently to client sites and for training purposes
- Valid driver’s License required.
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills