Field Technician Heavy Equipment Moncton NBMoncton | Job ID 12049
- Job ID 12049
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/2/2018
Reporting to the Service Supervisor in Moncton, NB. Applicants residing in Moncton or Southern New Brunswick area are desirable. This position is responsible for the effective repair of earth moving machinery and equipment components, on client’s sites, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, A/C systems etc.
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
- Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policies
- Off Road Heavy Equipment Technician designation required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience doing repairs and maintenance and/or setup of heavy equipment in the construction, forestry, or scrap handling industries
- Demonstrated electronic diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information to internal and external customer in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to use MS Office, service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Follows instructions, guidelines and protocols
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within territory, nationally and internationally for training purposes required
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills