District Support RepresentativeNewport News | Job ID 10551
- Job ID 10551
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry immediate
- The DSR is trained and appointed by Liebherr as the primary liaison for dealers and customers in an assigned field based territory.
- In this capacity the DSR supports the dealers in all aspects of product service as it relates to Liebherr Construction and Material Handling Equipment by providing assistance to the dealers in procedures such as machine delivery, inspection, maintenance, service and repair, spare parts, warranty claims and training of dealer's and customer's service personnel.
- Serves as a high level product support representative for the dealers within the assigned territory.
- Builds positive relationships with the dealer network and the customers within the territory.
- Performs training at dealer level in regard to customer delivery, pre-start inspections, periodic machine inspections, software updates, system downloads, warranty claim procedures, the ordering and stocking of spare parts.
- Assists dealer mechanics with advanced troubleshooting and repair procedures only after remote assistance by the technical call center has been exhausted.
- Examines and evaluates warranty claims upon request of the dealers as well as Liebherr, particularly in regard to defective major components.
- Evaluates dealers ability to support Liebherr machine population in their assigned territory, including but not limited to; technician skill level and training plan, sufficient Liebherr specific tools for technicians, and appropriate parts support.
- Analyzes training needs specific to each dealer for continuous improvement in the service support of the Liebherr machines.
- Follows-up on field modifications completions in the assigned territory.
- Holds regular meetings with the dealers within the assigned territory to address any issues or concerns.
- Supplies upper management with detailed reports of daily activities, machine issues, dealer activity and customer concerns.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or equivalent and three (3) to five (5) years of demonstrated experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Possesses advanced mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of construction equipment products, application and the industry.
- Proficient in using Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and be able to generate and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Has basic knowledge in DC and AC electric circuits.
- Has extended understanding of engines, hydraulic pumps and motors and other mechanical components.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, hydraulic and electric system schematics.
- Able to operate mechanical and electric test equipment.
- Able to conduct maintenance training schools for customers.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.