IT Network EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 30355
- Job ID 30355
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Information technology
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The primary focus of this position is Cisco networking, LAN/WAN support and data center management, responding to requests such as help desk tickets, telephone, email and in-person service within the Liebherr Groups and its Newport News VA location as well as other state side locations in accordance with Liebherr International IT security standards. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Implements and supports Cisco LAN/WAN/wireless networks, VOIP systems, AV Conferencing equipment and related computing environments including hardware, software and their respective configurations at local and remote Liebherr facilities.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, wiring, or other network and system problems, and replaces defective and outdated components as necessary.
- Creates and keeps documentation updated related to new and existing IT infrastructure.
- Manages all aspects of Cisco licensing, maintenance renewals and service contracts (SmartNet, etc.).
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware (VLAN’s, access control lists, etc.). Manage accounts, network rights, and access to devices and equipment.
- Maintains network devices to function in a virtualized environment with VxRail/VMware vSphere/vCenter, Hyper-V and SAN environment (Cisco, NetApp, Dell).
- Manages the replacement of core and distribution switches in local and remote Liebherr sites to prepare for Cisco DNA technology refresh. Implements Cisco DNA Center, SDA/ACI and ISE.
- Manages telco and provider provisioning (DIA, MPLS, PRI, POTS etc.) for local and remote sites.
- Conducts local loop and router replacements and assists in converting local and remote Liebherr sites to SD-WAN under guidance of the central Liebherr IT services group.
- Performs data center management tasks and assists in the design of a new datacenter (Vertiv/Geist).
- Installs, configures and supports battery backup technologies and environmental monitoring controls.
- Perform accurate configuration backups of devices and ensure recovery from component failures.
- Installs, configures and operates Solarwinds products to monitor the performance of network equipment and computer systems, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future, including repair or replacement.
- Maintains logs related to network performance, inventory of parts for emergency repairs as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Provides network related guidance and training to end users and IT staff.
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations. Determines hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Stays informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to networking and computer systems. Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and IT management.
- Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Coordinates with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate equipment purchases.
- Handles support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Practices 5S methodology to keep responsible areas organized and maintained at all times.
- Monitors network bandwidth usage at all sites and plan for bandwidth upgrades as necessary.
- Education and Experience:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of Cisco network administration experience. Current CCNA, CCIE Certification or equivalent is preferred. Security+ or equivalent certification required. Experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Hyper-V) is preferred. Experience in migrating environments to Cisco DNA, SDA, ISE/ACI is a strong plus.
- Strong experience in installing and troubleshooting local and remote WAN and LAN network equipment including DIA and MPLS WAN circuits, routing (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF), VLANs, VPN tunnels, encryption, RSA keys and switchport configurations.
- Strong experience in managing Cisco equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, IP phones, call manager and conferencing systems.
- Solid experience in designing and building local and remote networks, including the specification and procurement of telco circuits with providers such as Verizon and AT&T.
- Solid experience with procuring Cisco equipment and license management (SmartNet, etc.)
- Solid experience in supporting virtualized environments such as VMware vSphere/vCenter, Hyper-V and SAN equipment (Cisco, NetApp, Dell).
- Solid experience in managing and updating IT related network and datacenter hardware (Cisco, Dell, APC, Tripp-Lite, Vertiv).
- Solid experience in managing Network Policy Servers (NPS) and Radius authentication.
- Strong experience in creating and updating network and systems documentation using tools such as MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Visio, Atlassian Confluence and Draw.io
- Experience with building and maintaining access control, camera/NVR and security systems.
- Experience with Solar Winds products (NPM, SAM, NCM, UDT, NTA (Netflow))
- Strong troubleshooting and research capabilities (including Internet, documentation, reaching out to peers and external partners).
- Excellent people and inter-personal skills. Is competent and comfortable with handling support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explains reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrate ability to meet set goals.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience using help desk software and ability to coordinate with other help desk personnel for successful and timely resolution of tickets.
- Experience using remote connection tools and help desk software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of IT security principles, vulnerabilities and protection methods.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Available for on-call work as needed.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.