Heavy Equipment Field Technician (Deep Foundation/Crawler Cranes)Burlington, ON | Job ID 26875
- Job ID 26875
- Division Crawler Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
As a member of Liebherr’s Heavy Equipment Field Technician team you will be working within our deep foundation and crawler cranes products division to repair, troubleshoot, overhaul and maintain equipment in the construction and allied services sector. If you have a desire to learn and hands-on experience in off road construction equipment we want to hear from you!
*Please note this position is reporting to our Burlington, Ontario branch, the working schedule is M- F, with overtime as required and on call rotation premiums. Options and flexibility exists for Technician to be dispatched from home depending on location of work in the field. Work locations may vary across Canada*
- Safely Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr new and used machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, and repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Carry out servicing and routine maintenance procedures on Liebherr cranes
- Ensure all requirements specified in work instructions are carried out and complete in a timely manor
- Maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policies & standards
- Accurate and timely submission of detailed service reports and associated documentation
- High school diploma (or the equivalent)
- 421A, Journeyman Red Seal Off Road Heavy Equipment Technician license required. 4thyear apprentice ready to pass exam may be considered.
- Valid provincial driver’s license
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with heavy equipment parts identification/schematics, electrical, hydraulic, electronics, pneumatic and major system diagnostics, component exchange, repair and warranty related activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships and trust directly with our customers.
- MS Office, service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Resourceful and able to work independently in the field with minimal supervision
- Physical capacity to perform tasks in multi-temperature environments