Operational Buyer - 12 month contractKillarney | Job ID 18669
- Job ID 18669
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr Container Cranes has a vacancy for a motivated professional to join its Purchasing Department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager this challenging role will require a self-motivated individual with extensive knowledge and experience of dealing with suppliers and setting up a supply network.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, dependable, thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful individual must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and well developed influencing skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. Must possess excellent planning, scheduling, negotiating and organisational skills. The successful candidate must have a proven record of strong attention to detail as well as excellent reporting skills.
Key Elements of the Role
- Purchase material and services based on system requirements and LCC production program.
- General administration of all related processes, e.g. purchase orders, subcontract operations, sales orders, checking order confirmations, receipting, invoicing and stock adjustments.
- Participate in supplier negotiations to establish commercial agreements.
- Maintain related item data within the MRP system.
- Monitor, analyse and optimise supplier delivery performance (Quantity, delivery dates), liaise with suppliers in case of discrepancies.
- Update delivery dates and escalate late deliveries.
- Process claims in relation to order quantity, delivery dates and packaging in cooperation with Quality Department and Goods Receiving Department.
- Identify internal and external stakeholder business needs, provide solutions and minimise risks.
- Analyse and optimise purchasing parameter to reduce inventory levels while maintaining availability of parts.
- Other ancillary duties associated with the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required in a purchasing role.
- A recognised qualification in a related discipline.
- Experience in Engineering / manufacturing environments is a distinct advantage.
- Highly motivated self-starter, dependable, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and well developed influencing skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Must possess excellent planning, scheduling, negotiating and organisational skills.
- Proven record of strong attention to detail as well as excellent reporting skills.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
- Advanced skills with formulas, complex financial spreadsheets in MS Excel would be a plus.
- Experience of material planning, warranty management with an ERP system (BAAN) would be an advantage.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsidised canteen, retailer discounts, travel opportunities, sports and social club, cycle to work scheme and if that isn’t enough, we have an early finish on a Friday!
Req #: 2022_069_LCC
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Anli Liu at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.