Mechanical Assembler LVL 7-4Newport News, VA | Job ID 490
- Job ID 490
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Mechanical Assembler performs assembly operations on product sub and main assemblies; must possess advanced hydraulic or electrical troubleshooting abilities. Maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs at Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME).
- Performs assembly tasks and operates and maintains power and hand tools.
- Assists in test and commissioning of products.
- Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up.
- Directs activities of other mechanical assemblers as required.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Reads and interprets schematics and engineering drawings.
- Reads various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Ability to maintain forklift and crane certifications.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Application are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com