Warehouse Operations SupervisorNewport News, VA | Job ID 42071
- Job ID 42071
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Warehouse Operations Supervisor coordinates, plans, monitors and tracks all activities of the warehouse. Expected to be knowledgeable in all warehouse operations activities and will assign workloads, train and evaluate the performance of all warehouse operations employees.
- Assists the Warehouse Operations Manager and Divisional Parts Manager with balancing the workflow.
- Supervises, maintains and assures the proper use of the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system by all warehouse operations employees for the transaction of sales, purchase receipt, storage locations, shipping, and re-distribution requirements.
- Provides support to all warehouse operations employees by answering questions, providing instruction and advising on all phases of warehouse operations.
- Supervises the physical and documentation flow of product within the area of responsibility with regard to receiving, stocking, picking, packing and shipping.
- Checks incoming shipments against the Bill Of Lading/packing list for accuracy of piece count and condition, noting any corrections or changes on Bill of Lading ensuring the driver has signed, acknowledging discrepancies and/or damages.
- Checks outbound shipments against the Bill Of Lading/packing list for accuracy of piece count and condition, tracking any corrections or changes.
- Trains employees on the necessary areas related to their job functions including but not limited to the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Liebherr products, forklifts and cranes.
- Ensures the accuracy and quality of information on all warehouse operations documents.
- Investigates, resolves, and coordinates shipping, stocking and receiving discrepancies.
- Tracks and monitors error rates by individual warehouse operations employees and as a group.
- Promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensures continued stock and proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase department efficiency.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Directly supervises the Warehouse Operations Leads (2) and Warehouse Operations Associates (10-12).
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Warehouse Operations team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates or Technical degree with 3 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 5 or more years.
- Ability to maintain forklift and crane certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Inventory software; Timekeeping systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.