Fitter/WelderNewport News, VA | Job ID 28941
- Job ID 28941
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/1/2021
The Fitter/Welder lays-out, fits, and welds fabricated components to assemble structural forms such as heavy equipment frames, tanks, and other mining equipment parts by performing the following duties.
- Completes successfully all required weld tests.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays-out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks
- correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Occasional overnight/extended travel as required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and obtain passport.
Interesting and responsible role in a successful company.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.