Quality Assurance Inspector - NDTNewport News, VA | Job ID 26569
- Job ID 26569
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/11/21
The Quality Assurance Inspector inspects materials and products such as fabricated components, castings, electrical and hydraulic components, miscellaneous structural components and raw materials, for conformance to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Inspect and test parts, components, materials and finished products to determine conformance to established product requirements.
- Generates and manages records related to the inspection and testing of product, including reviews of such documents as part of the inspection process.
- Processes nonconforming product, and coordinates with various departments to get product to a state of conformance.
- Performs inventory transfers.
- Communicate major issues to supervisor.
- Generate and manage records related to the inspection and testing of material or product.
- Label nonconforming product appropriately and move it electronically and physically to the proper warehouse
- A High School diploma or equivalent. General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing preferably performing inspections; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with heavy fabricated materials.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 4 years of experience in manufacturing preferably performing inspections; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with heavy fabricated materials. Certified UT level I or II inspector.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum eight years’ experience as a quality inspector. Certified UT Level III inspector
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use basic measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers or tape measures required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of standard shop practices.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.