Technical ManagerBiggleswade | Job ID 25776
- Job ID 25776
- Division Tower Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our LBC - Tower Cranes department based in Biggleswade for a Technical Manager. The Role contribues to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd Tower Crane department by ensuring effective, efficient advice and support is delivered with excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical knowledge, to deliver outstanding customer service at all times whilst working within the Company's key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Solve techincal issues at a sustained high level on the range of the Liebherr Tower Cranes via own technical knowledge and effective communication with colleagues, the factory and customers.
- Supervise and provide support with a hands on approach where required to the team of tower crane field service engineers.
- Manage all erection, dis-mantles and projects as appropriate including producing suitable RAMS for each job and take responsibility for their completion including customer and site meetings.
- To ensure and manage all rental cranes are serviced and maintained within the factory guidelines and schedules.
- To provide LGB staff and customers with technical assistance in diagnosing and resolving machine or application problems.
- To identify and work with the management team to ensure engineers are properly resoured, utilised and allocated with the correct tooling for the tasks required of them and the these needs are identified and planned in advance.
- To participate in the management of warranty work, liaising with the Liebherr Group.
- To brief and deploy engineers as required, ensuring that optimum competencies and resources are applied to each job and project, including the creation of RAMS.
- Participate in the planning of training for engineers.
- Liaises with the team to monitor and control local spare parts availability and calculate when required, labour time and required parts for upcoming service work, erection and dismantles.
- To investigate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents or customer technical issues and report on these rationally in a form that will stand up to rigorous scrutiny.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Sound knowledge of Liebherr Tower Crane Electrical and hydraulic systems.
- An excellent understanding of Liebherr control systems and IT based diagnostics.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, sercure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.