Project Manager - Pinto Valley Mine - Miami, AZKearny, AZ | Job ID 24861
- Job ID 24861
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Project Manager manages the site project which includes managing the Liebherr – site contract, hiring and managing the Liebherr personnel, maximizing the fleet availability, managing the site warehouse inventory, managing the maintenance record keeping and reporting, and reconciling and negotiating the contract with the mine personnel.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages the Customer – Liebherr contract.
- Hires and manages outside contract vendors.
- Plans the Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedule and ensures the fleet is properly maintained.
- Maintains the availability report and reconciles it with mine personnel weekly.
- Ensures failure reports and warranty claims are submitted on time.
- Manages the onsite warehouse and maintains warehouse inventory accuracy within 5%.
- Ensures the maintenance tracking program is maintained daily.
- Plans the yearly budget.
- Maximizes the availability of the Liebherr fleet.
- Negotiates with mine site personnel on all contract issues.
- Communicates in a professional manner with all Liebherr and mine site personnel.
- Attends all required Customer and Liebherr safety meetings.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with quality assurance requirements.
- Available to assist staff on 24/7 operation as necessary.
- Manages the Liebherr personnel on site. May also directly supervise personnel on non- temporary contracts.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of AC electric drive systems.
- Basic knowledge of 4 cycle diesel engine principals
- Understanding of design principals of large electric drive haul trucks and other Liebherr machines.
- Ability to read and interpret structural drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret and troubleshoot from hydraulic and electrical schematics.
Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to five years of maintenance experience in a heavy equipment mining environment.
- Ability to maintain forklift certification.
- Maintain a valid current driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company match, paid vacation and personal day.
Applications are only accepted via the online portalwww.liebherr.com