Managerial AccountantNewport News, VA | Job ID 18980
- Job ID 18980
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Managerial Accountant position is responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists management in the budgeting and planning process by providing sales, costing, inventory, and cash flow projection data.
- Prepares gross profit analysis on sales and service and investigates variances from standards or expectations.
- Analyzes inventory transactions and prepares inventory valuations.
- Maintains rental fleet, repurchase obligations, and sales/leaseback accounting transactions, and tracks all related income and expenses.
- Maintains ERP integration settings and performs Integration Log Reconciliation.
- Assists with preparation of BES (inventory), KER (profit & loss by product group), and UMS (sales by country) reports.
- Assists in development and preparation of management reports.
- Calculates commissions based on various factors.
- Approves equipment sales acknowledgements and invoices to customers.
- Participates in preparation and review of internal and external audit materials and tax work papers.
- Plans and supervises physical inventory and operational audits for multiple locations.
- Assists other departments with resolving issues and establishing procedures relating to ERP system.
- Assists the Cost Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from four-year college or university; and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers, suppliers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Word Processing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to setup queries, enter data and process information.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.