Apprentice Program CoordinatorBurlington, ON | Job ID 65695
- Job ID 65695
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Human resources
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Are you ready for an opportunity that will allow you to hone your remarkable communication and coordinating skills? Then this is the role for you! Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, the Apprentice Program Coordinator is an integral role and resource to support the successful implementation and management of the Liebherr-Canada Ltd. Apprenticeship Program. The Apprentice Program Coordinator will have a strong background in project management and business acumen to achieve the strategic program goals of LCA's Apprenticeship Program. They will support the advancement of our Apprentices through the Apprenticeship Program to ensure they are prepared for a career in trade and industry, ensure growth and development of well-rounded technicians who are professionally developed through theoretical and practical experiences, and ensure all Apprentices successfully complete the program and obtain their Heavy Duty Equipment license. The role will support the development and implementation of all strategies for the Apprentice Program while running in accordance with LCA's core values. Please note that a preferred candidate has been identified.
- Daily management of the apprentice program and LCA's Apprentices.
- Onboarding Apprentices upon commencing employment with LCA.
- Working in partnership with provincial authorities as Sponsor contact.
- Managing all LCA Apprentices to ensure they have successfully completed and obtained Heavy Duty Equipment license.
- Collaborating with departmental Supervisors to support Apprentice rotations.
- Facilitating regular monthly touch points with each Apprentice and action next steps as needed.
- Initiating toolkit orders for the Apprentice Tool Kit Program.
- Storing and distributing toolkits accordingly.
- Assisting with provincial apprenticeship program application/registration
- Supporting Trade Equivalency Assessments for LCA employees who have recently migrated to Canada.
- Managing Apprentice in-school timelines (as per Apprenticeship Program Policy).
- Networking with post-secondary institutions to promote Liebherr-Canada Ltd. and the LCA Apprenticeship Program.
- Working with post-secondary institutions to recruit co-op students.
- Facilitating regular monthly touch points with LCA stakeholders to gather feedback on program, required changes, etc.
- Managing, maintaining and updating all apprentice program materials (guidebook, policies, procedures).
- Ensuring Apprenticeship Program policies and procedures are observed.
- Monitoring Mentor role expectations and responsibilities.
- ssuing HR Action forms for annual Mentor Incentive.
- Coordinate with business to forecast Apprentice Hires according to needs.
- 2-5 years of experience in project management.
- Any experience in training and development would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast, ever-changing environment.
- Must be resourceful and have strong problem solving skills.
- Bilingual in English and French will be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail with a desire to simplify and streamline processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Competitive wages (premiums & allowances for select roles*)
- International training opportunities
- Challenging work opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits and employer paid premiums from day one
- Paid vacation & health and wellness days
- Generous employer RRSP matching
- And much more!
Liebherr Canada Ltd. is committed to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Ely at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.