Systems AdministratorBiggleswade | Job ID 68624
- Job ID 68624
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Information technology / Software
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Maintain the server and network systems in line with IT and OEM best-practice
- Schedule, plan and implement maintenance work to ensure that systems remain patched and updated
- Manage the expectations of the business’ in relation to system capabilities
- Provide the service desk with information about systems problems and issues
- Analyse logs and system performance to pre-empt issues or resolve known errors
- Contribute to the accuracy of the CMDB, known errors list and ticketing system
- Analyse, predict and monitor the systems in relation to availability, capacity and their lifecycle
- Raise tickets for all tasks, so as to enable a traceable audit trail and that other people could continue the work if needed
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate data
- Ensure that cover exists for periods of absence via knowledge sharing, essential documentation and cross training of staff in products deployed via shadowing
- Escalate problems where needed both internally and with suppliers
- Provide server and network performance KPIs
- Service Delivery
- Contribute to the delivery of the IT roadmap
- Install, configure, build and deploy IT server and network solutions
- Create systems documentation and training guides
- Participate in project scoping, planning and analysis work as part of one or more project teams
- Provide status updates to the project team on work underway
- Obtain cost estimations for proposed solutions for inclusion in project planning
- Attend project review meetings
- Contribute to the IT systems Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning
- Maintain appropriate backups of data and systems configuration
- Act as SME for technical issues regarding to planned and in-flow project work
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Server maintenance/implementation and LAN/WAN administration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyse complex information
- Knowledge of VMWare, Veeam, MS SQL
- Ability to prioritise work based on wider business impact
- Ability to present ideas and solutions to others in a way that is appropriate to the audience
- Determination and zeal to not be beaten by technical problems
- Ability to recognise when escalation or help is needed
What We Are Offering
- The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer .
- Secure and progressive work environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ami Beale at: [email protected].
One Passion. Many Opportunities.