Haul Truck Systems InstructorNewport News, VA | Job ID 65514
- Job ID 65514
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 02/27/2023
The Haul Truck Operator Trainer designs, develops, creates, and presents both classroom and on-the-job training classes while evaluating technical training courses and materials using the Instructional Systems Design (ISD) process.
- Conducts formal drive, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems classroom instruction.
- Advises and assists Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on instructional objectives and design.
- Conducts training needs analyses and determines performance criteria.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) (and Instructional Systems designer, course developer as required) to determine content sequence and creates content outlines and treatment
- approaches for written, visual, and audio content.
- Identifies and plans appropriate instructional design strategies and objectives based on analysis of tasks, learners, and subject matter.
- Develops technical training courses and related materials such as workbooks, student training manuals, and instructor guides using the Instructional Systems Design (ISD) process.
- Develops and implements training evaluation strategies and instruments.
- Maintains class rosters, completion status and assessment results in learning management system.
- Sets-up training classrooms, prepare class materials; assists students with concepts, assignments and class projects as necessary.
- Provides students with special individualized instruction (SIA) as required.
- Coordinates with SMEs and technical publications personnel to ensure technical accuracy of content.
- Conducts proof of concept and pilot training sessions to validate course content and instructional strategy/content treatment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in electrical or mechanical engineering; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven technical experience in the heavy equipment industry with in a training/instructor role.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, engine and power train systems & mechanical principles such as within mining or automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Training Evaluation procedures.
- Possess working knowledge electrical theory.
- Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodology
- Knowledge of Outlook Contact Management systems; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Microsoft Project Management software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and
- Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, interpret and utilize both electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to present in formal and informal environments.
- Ability to use presentation technology.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, customers, and managers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to provide training in all climates and high altitudes.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.