Apprentice - Human ResourcesBiggleswade | Job ID 55063
- Job ID 55063
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Human resources
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Pupils
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Human Resources department based in Biggleswade for a Human Resources Apprentice. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by effectively supporting the Human Resources department in all HR related administration ensuring outstanding customer service at all times whilst gaining a relevant qualification.
• Able to operate all HR systems ensuring data is entered accurately.
• Support HR Generalist in the recruitment process, including registering of applications, scheduling interviews and liaising with agencies.
• Offer letters and contract preparation for new starters, internal moves / promotions and amendments for changes.
• Obtaining and responding to reference requests.
• Ensuring compliance within the office including chasing outstanding paperwork for new entrants.
• Set up and maintain the employees files, including filing and reducing excess paperwork contained in the files (duplicates, etc) for the HR department.
• Answer the phone when required ensuring that messages are passed to the relevant person.
• Liaise with payroll as appropriate, ensuring that all deadlines are achieved.
• Support HR Generalist in arranging new starters to undertake medicals in conjunction with our occupational health provider.
• Ensure leaver’s process is followed and all records / departments updated accordingly.
• To participate in weekly team meeting and to support in projects as required.
• To gather and submit data for HR team members for monthly/ad hoc reports.
• Ensure return to work forms are completed by the Line Managers of employees’ absence from work.
• Daily collection and management of post, scanning and filing.
• Develop a thorough understanding of our policies and the confidence to deal with all aspects of HR.
• To build on knowledge of employment law in conjunction with Company policies and procedures to be able to deal with employee queries.
• Responds promptly to internal and external customers, knowing who to approach for additional support and assistance.
• Ensures department filing is maintained and up to date on a weekly basis.
• Ensures office stationery supplies are replenished as required.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
• Covers reception duties for lunch, absence, holiday and ad hoc busy periods.
• Manages calls into the business in professional manner understanding who to contact for additional support and assistance.
• Greets visitors at front desk ensuring it is known who they are visiting and signs them in the visitors register, ensures cards are returned and visitors have signed out on departure.
• Undertakes duties to ensure smooth operation of the reception area such as processing stationery orders and deliveries; maintaining Company pool car diary; setting up rotas for covering absences and assisting in sending out of invoices.
• Assisting with room bookings and set up for meetings and interviews as well as catering requirements, ensuring crockery & glasses are replenished for which it may be necessary to ensure the dishwasher is loaded / unloaded.
• Supporting reception in ensuring proof of right to work is obtained from candidates attending interviews then escorting them to the relevant meeting room ahead of the interview before advising recruiting manager of candidates’ arrival.
• Ensuring reception area is maintained to a high standard.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• A levels or equivalent
• Ability to articulate highly developed customer service skills applied in a working environment
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn
• Smart and well presented team player
• Good communicator at all levels with a flexible approach to work
• Have an eye for detail and an appreciation of quality
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.