Shop TechnicianNewport News, VA | Job ID 31005
- Job ID 31005
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 7/12/2021
The Shop Technician repairs and replaces virtually any damaged or worn part on a crane. Using mechanical engineering theory, review schematics and operations books to ascertain procedures and objectives and test nature of technical problems. Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine. Weld metal parts or components together using brazing, gas or arc welding equipment. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demean or by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other programs.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, using welding equipment.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self-follow established safety procedures.
- Follows directions for the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
- Demonstrated ability to perform welding using different types of equipment.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.