Service Engineer - Tower CranesBiggleswade | Job ID 26757
- Job ID 26757
- Division Tower Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Tower Crane department based from Biggleswade for a Service Engineer. The role contributes to the success of the Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd carrying out effective maintenance erection/dismantling and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site and in the depots, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Carry out, servicing, assembly, inspection and repair of machinery and equipment at customer premises or on site or if required at the appropriate depot.
- Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately
- Return all warranty and other return parts cleaned and on time ensuring correct processes for packing and labelling.
- Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed.
- Correctly file all service manuals and that they are consistently updated.
- Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment.
- Develops an effective working relationship with the support team at the depot and can support others where required.
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required.
- Develops outstanding rapport and relationships with all customers.
- Coordinates with the customer ensuring that customer needs are understood and that a flexible approach is adopted to meeting their needs.
- Works with the customer in mind, making sure that quality work standards are maintained consistently and that post work, the repair site is clean and left in an condition that satisfies the customer.
- Uses initiative and optimises down times to pay courtesy visits to customers.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3.
- Ability to demonstrate through experience examples of outstanding customer service,
- Able to demonstrate through experience in a similar industry application of skills and knowledge gained.
- A62 lift supervisor qualification preferable.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
This role is classified as a "Safety-Critical" role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical Medical to be carried out during the probationary period.