Field Service Technician- Maritime CranesHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 25429
- Job ID 25429
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr USA, Co.'s Maritime Cranes Division is seeking an experienced Field Service Technician for its Port Equipment. Locations are in the Northeastern US, the Gulf Coast region, or South Florida. Details of the job are as follows:
- Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul port equipment such as harbor mobile cranes, reach stacker, ship cranes, etc.
- Repair virtually any part on cranes.
- Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry.
- Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment.
- Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine.
- Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Complete assigned paperwork as instructed.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Successfully complete factory authorized training.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Sculi and Crane Management software.
- Prepare for jobs by checking parts and drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete jobs independently with little assistance from others.
- Properly fill out working reports, hour’s reports, timesheets, hour’s overviews and expense reports.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and part related questions when needed.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Maintains a minimum set of tools required for job performance.
- Cares and maintains company tools, machines and equipment.
- Maintains a positive attitude and role model for the other employees to follow.
- Maintains company service literature, and maintains a high awareness of technical changes.
- Assumes the lead person position temporarily, as necessary.
- Trains and/or mentors others in department.
- Excessive overnight travel required.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and passport at all times.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- The ability to speak and write the Spanish language is preferred
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Assist the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. All applications must be done online at www.liebherr.com.