Facility & Yard ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 19550
- Job ID 19550
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Facility & Yard Manager oversees the facility related aspects of the LUS Newport News site, building, workshop and warehouse, including the outside storage areas and all other relevant areas; and performs all necessary day to day tasks to successfully operate the entire site either directly or through subordinate employees. Works in conjunction with LME Facilities to coordinate maintenance and other facility related matters. Plans and co-ordinates resources as necessary to maintain all facility related items. Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for relevant site related operational items. Manages internal transportation within the facility. Oversees tool room in support of facility. Set a positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff. Ensure that all company policies are followed and promote safety at all times.
- Ensures all ongoing contracts/work schedules are prepared, agreed on, finalized for any third party, general contractor, architect, etc. for any up keeping/maintenance/warranties of the entire office/facility - site. (E.g. generator, air conditioning, landscaping, irrigation system, power supply & consumption, roof inspections/maintenance, etc.) Includes but not limited to liaison between LUS and local city officials.
- Inspects facility and evaluates use of space.
- Oversees management of internal transportation vehicles and devices such as forklifts, yard cranes, and other similar machinery, in support of all divisions within facility.
- Manages and oversees operation of a tool room to provide tools and other equipment in support of all divisions within facility.
- Provides management and support of machinery and equipment inventory counts on all externally stored items.
- Analyzes location HVAC, computer network wiring, lighting and other factors.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Performs audits to support facility planning.
- Develops long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for the facility.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and other associated documents.
- Acts as liaison in conjunction with LME to serve as the liaison to public utilities, environmental and energy agencies.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout and communication services.
- Works with LME Facilities to coordinate ongoing maintenance and other facility matters.
- Works closely with LUS Safety Coordinator and with direct reports to ensure overall cleanliness and organization of facility to meet all related safety and quality requirements.
- Manages LUS Equipment Yard Manager.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Please apply online at www.liebherr.com.