Technical TrainerKillarney | Job ID 19110
- Job ID 19110
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr has been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967. In 1972 Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed, and is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. (LCC) has a vacancy for a Technical Trainer within the Customer Training department. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive training for the maintenance of Liebherr products to Liebherr customers’ technical and engineering staff, as well as familiarisation with the operation of cranes. Training may also be provided to other Liebherr personnel from time to time. Training programmes will be delivered by the Technical Trainer in the Liebherr factory in Killarney and at customers’ sites worldwide. The role will therefore afford an element of international travel. In this regard, the employee will represent Liebherr and serve to foster good customer relations with LCC’s clients.
Key Elements of the Role
- Preparation and delivery of technical training programmes.
- Development of mechanical and electrical standard training programmes and bespoke training courses as required.
- Keeping training documentation up to date.
- Liaison with customers for planning and organising of training courses.
- Communication with internal departments within Liebherr to maintain knowledge of Liebherr products, keeping up to date with all product developments necessary for the role.
- Supervision of customer personnel during visits to the Liebherr factory.
- Evaluation and continuous improvement of training courses.
- Providing feedback to the customer training manager on customers’ expectations.
Qualifications & Experience
- A third level qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience of both electrical/electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required
- Self-motivated with a good aptitude for technical concepts.
- Previous experience as a trainer, especially related to machines is a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience in trouble-shooting, fault-finding, maintenance and repair of machinery.
- In-depth technical knowledge of LCC’s products is desirable.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good IT skills with strong proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and email applications.