External Logistics SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 19024
- Job ID 19024
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/13/2019
The External Logistics Specialist works on global logistics, IT or organization projects and is responsible for the implementation, follow-up and results; ensures a cross function for External Logistics and Transport for Liebherr Mining factories and affiliates worldwide; responsible for the day-to-day relationships (internal or external) of the department (communications, presentations, information...).
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Study transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Negotiate prices and terms with service providers such as freight forwarders, integrators, carriers, logistics partners.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with service providers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select service providers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution or storage.
- Keep a critical point of view on what is existing and do not hesitate to call it into question
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the department and bring forward the needs to his/her manager.
- Be the interface between the company and external service providers.
- Define, follow and analyze the Key performance indicators with management.
- Manage projects with fundamental project management tools: Gantt diagrams, QCDA, etc...
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics or relevant degree plus 3 years work experience: or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 6 years related experience.
- Knowledge of the supply chain and its environment (regulations and logistics stakeholders).
- Knowledge of the components of an Off-Highway Truck.
- Computing skills: MS Office, Internet, ERP such as BaaN, LN or SAP R3.
- Knowledge of international rules and specificities of each transport mode.
- Knowledge of international trade documents (e.g. INCOTERMS, letter of credit).
- Knowledge of customs rules.
- Highly proficient with fundamental project management tools.
- Experience in transport management tools.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.